Monday, July 19, 2010

Bon Odori 2010

I said that I've been busy this few days right, yup I'm readying stuffs for Bon Odori. Getting Yukata learning about Japanese culture which I'm not even half way through. I went with my sister and my precious princess after that we meet our cousins and she followed us.

This year's Bon Odori I had most fun than other following years, and me and Nee had a really romantic time cos of the fireworks. The fireworks are great. I even video cam the whole fireworks till end, I'm sharing it ;) what I regret is I should have taken more photos and video lol, well I'm just too busying buying foods and too busying getting people's attention and requesting "can we take photo with you guys?" rather it became annoying.

But overall it was a fantastic day for me and I enjoyed it quite a lot.

About Bon Odori:
Obon (お盆) or just Bon () is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the departed (deceased) spirits of one's ancestors. This Buddhist custom has evolved into a family reunion holiday during which people return to ancestral family places and visit and clean their ancestors' graves, and when the spirits of ancestors are supposed to revisit the household altars. It has been celebrated in Japan for more than 500 years and traditionally includes a dance, known as Bon-Odori.

Bon Odori 2010 [Fireworks]:

No comments:

Post a Comment